Monday, January 30, 2012

Quick Chicken Stir Fry


"I'm always looking for different ways to make chicken. My entire family loves chicken so I try to make it as often as possible without it getting boring. Changing it up is a challenge. I make chicken parm, chicken cutlets, lemon chicken, (I sound like a Bubba Gump commercial).  I recently found a great sauce recipe online and decided to try it on chicken stir fry. This dish literally took me 30 minutes.  I like to make it with brown rice but you also can make it with regular noodles or rice noodles. Add some edamame beans and you have a great Chinese meal without the cost of takeout. Now if I can only get the fortune cookies to give me the winning lottery numbers!" —Lisa

You'll need:
1 ½ lbs boneless chicken breast, sliced thin
Brown rice or noodles
1 package frozen Birds Eye pepper stir fry
1 package frozen broccoli florets
1 small can water chestnuts
Peanut oil
Red pepper flakes

For the sauce you'll need:
¼ cup chicken broth
2 tsp corn starch
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp brown sugar

Mix ingredients for the sauce and set aside.

Coat the chicken breast slices in the red pepper flakes. The amount depends on how hot you like it. The more flakes, the hotter it will be. 

Heat a wok or large fry pan.  Two turns of the pan of the peanut oil and get the oil hot.

Add the chicken and cook until just white. Add the vegetables and water chestnuts. Cook through. Add the sauce and cook until it thickens.  If you like your dish more saucy, just make extra and add. 

Serve over the rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment