Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Basil Dip


"I wanted a healthier alternative to guacamole for last Sunday’s big Giants game so I decided to create a basil dip that is a healthy, hearty substitute as well as a great spread for my husband’s sandwiches throughout the week. I had much success...just like the Giants! Looks like I'll be making it for the Super Bowl, too!" —Jennifer


What you’ll need:
Basil, a good handful
Olive oil
2 garlic cloves (on the larger side)
½ cup sweet corn
Cherry tomatoes, about 8
1/3 cup pignoli nuts
Crushed red pepper flakes
6 oz container of plain Greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
Salt
Pepper

Place the garlic, basil, corn, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts into a blender or food processor. As you blend, add light olive oil until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. Mix the basil mixture with the yogurt and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with your favorite chip. And remember, this works as an amazing alternative to mayo on your lunch sandwiches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment